Bay of Plenty Polytechnic (BOPP) is a New Zealand Government Institution located in the beautiful city of Tauranga. Tauranga is the 5th largest and fastest growing city in New Zealand and is considered to be one of the most beautiful coastal areas in the country. Google images of Tauranga or Bay of Plenty and you will see why! Tauranga is within easy travelling distance from Auckland, Hamilton and Rotorua.
Bay of Plenty Polytechnic (BOPP)
What we offer
Students can choose from a range of one and two year New Zealand diplomas and New Zealand university bachelor degrees.
Subjects and specialisations available at BOPP include Business Management; IT/Computing; Real Estate; Immigration Advice; Business Administration; Legal Executive; Conveyancing; Early Childhood Education and Care; Environmental Management; Marine Studies; Maritime and Fishing Technology; Tourism and Hospitality (including Professional Cookery); Beauty Therapy; Massage; Hairdressing; Fashion and Graphic Design; Architectural Technology; Automotive; Electrical and Mechanical Engineering; Carpentry; Quantity Surveying; Construction Management; Surveying; Road Transport Management; Commercial Road Transport and Distribution; Electronics; Animal Care and Veterinary Nursing; Horticulture; Music Production and Performance; Sport and Recreation, among many others.
One of BOPP’s unique features is our ability to offer degree pathways that allow you to gain a diploma qualification at the same time as completing a university degree – all without leaving the Polytechnic campus!
Students find our diploma qualifications to be hands on and practical with a workplace focus to help you find the right employment.
The bachelor degrees BOPP offers ensure you gain a valuable degree qualification, conferred by our partner and one of New Zealand’s top universities, the University of Waikato.
Students have the opportunity to apply to take one year of fulltime employment after completing their 2 year diploma. This gives students the opportunity to gain valuable work skills and earn money before returning to the Polytechnic to complete the final year of their bachelor degree.
Ten good reasons to study with us
- You’ll love the amazing location!
- A list of over 90 certificates and diplomas, many of which pathway into New Zealand university programmes, saving time and money to achieve a degree.
- A safe, relaxed beach lifestyle that encourages outdoor living and activity packed weekends in a warm sub-tropical environment.
- Small classes of around 20 in many courses, ensuring quality support and time from tutors.
- Only 1% of our students are from overseas, so you’re able to make friends with local students and feel more connected with the New Zealand culture.
- Personalised international student support, guiding you whenever you need help with private or academic issues, with a practical learning focus.
- Easy on-campus access to an instructor-assisted gym, heated swimming pool, cafes and modern library and computer facilities.
- A friendly environment – enjoy sports, cultural activities, trips, quiz nights and the student ball.
- Great employment prospects as our programmes are developed to meet industry demands.
- A unique partnership with the University of Waikato, which gives students the option of working toward a degree in seamless style.