TAFE colleges in Queensland have recently been restructured and rebranded, so some of the names that may be familiar to you have now been updated. The twelve former colleges in the state have been unified under six new names. TAFE Queensland is now made up of:
- TAFE Queensland Brisbane - Southbank Institute of Technology, Brisbane North Institute of TAFE, Metropolitan South Institute of TAFE, and TAFE Open Learning
- TAFE Queensland East Coast - Sunshine Coast and Wide Bay Institutes of TAFE.
- TAFE Queensland South West - The Bremer and Southern Queensland Institutes of TAFE.
- TAFE Queensland North -Tropical North, Barrier Reef and Mt Isa Institutes of TAFE
- TAFE Queensland Gold Coast - new name for the Gold Coast Institute of TAFE (GCIT)
- TAFE Queensland SkillsTech - SkillsTech is the new name for Skills Australia.
We hope to get full profiles for the new unified colleges soon, but until then the availability of courses for international students at any of these institutes has not changed. Contact Study Options if you have any questions about a college place that you already have at any of these institutions, or if you are interested in studying a vocational course in Queensland and would like more information about courses.