William Angliss Institute has devoted the last 75 years to inspiring students and providing specialist education and training in foods, tourism and hospitality. These are exciting vocations that have no borders and attract creative, enthusiastic students from all over the world. The Institute enrols over 21,500 students each year, a total made up of local and international students on campus and industry-based students. There are currently more than 1,500 international students enrolled at William Angliss’s Melbourne campus.
William Angliss Institute
William Angliss has a reputation as a professional learning community devoted to nurturing careers in the real world. We work hand-in-hand with governments and industry leaders, tailoring our courses and training to their ever-evolving needs.
Our philosophy: 'Learn what you love'
William Angliss Institute helps you to turn your passion for food, hospitality, events and tourism into a rewarding career. We encourage our students to do what they love – and to follow their dreams – by providing a range of specialist courses and vocational training. Our innovative degree courses, diplomas, certificates and short courses set the benchmark in Australia and worldwide. We provide the specialist training that industry requires and give you an edge in these competitive and dynamic global industries.
State of the art facilities
The Institute has outstanding training facilities including:
- 11 fully equipped training kitchens
- 110 classrooms
- 400 computer terminals
- 3 training restaurants open to the public
- 4 fully equipped training bakeries
- Coffee Academy
- Gelato Academy
- Reservation training room featuring fully automated, live travel ticket systems
- Hotel business training room
- 3 accommodation training units
- Event Management training suite
- Food technology laboratories
- Research and development kitchen
- Food demonstration centre
- Wine sensory classroom
- Student lounge and kitchen with pool tables, table tennis and Foxtel
- Free wireless internet
- Commercial conference centre
- Learning Resource Centre, a modern learning space with over 150 computers, private study rooms and extensive information resources
- Medical centre and doctors on campus
- Food and retail outlets
Location 1: Melbourne – the tourism and food capital of Australia
William Angliss’s main campus is in the heart of Melbourne, Australia, the world’s ‘most livable city’*. Each year, millions of international and local tourists visit Melbourne to attend a wide range of international events. Our reputation and industry connections ensure our students are provided with exciting work experience opportunities at many major events.
Location 2: Sydney
The William Angliss Institute Sydney campus is located in Surry Hills, the heart of the city’s vibrant hotel and restaurant scene. Sydney’s natural beauty and outdoor lifestyle attract millions of tourists and make it a highly desirable study location.
* Economist Intelligence Unit, Global Liveability Survey 2015
William Angliss courses
- Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality Management - 058617K (includes one year of work integrated learning)
- Bachelor of Culinary Management 058616M (includes one year of work integrated learning)
- Bachelor of Events 085672A
- Certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas
- Cookery, patisserie and bakery
- Hospitality (work placement options available)
- Event management
- Travel and tourism
- Tourism guiding
- Food science and technology
New in 2016
Angliss International Hotel School
Angliss International Hotel School represents a new standard in hospitality and tourism service delivery. With a focus on the provision of luxury services, students completing their studies with the Hotel School will be equipped with the knowledge and expertise to work in the world’s finest hotels. The delivery of an exclusive programme focusing on high-end hospitality services will provide graduates with the competitive edge required to differentiate themselves from the standard offering in the hospitality and tourism industries.
The Diploma offers Hotel School students dedicated master classes and industry-based hotel internship, giving them a competitive edge when gaining employment in a premier hotel.
Angliss International Hotel School - What makes it different?
Get globally recognised skills and world wide opportunities
- Transferrable skills to join the fastest growing industry globally
- Internationally recognised qualifications
Access our study pathways
- Study a diploma or advanced diploma to get credits towards a bachelors degree
- Develop your skills and expand your options
Choose from specialist degrees to accelerate your career
- Choose from tourism and hospitality management, events or culinary management
- Learn management skills to open your own business or gain the skills to attain management jobs faster.
Work placements in Melbourne’s top hotels and restaurants
- Hands on practical learning
- Network, meet industry contacts and gain work experience
- Work in international hotel chains or businesses
- Learn while you earn
Tris, 18, from Rochester is going to study a Bachelor of Tourism and Hospitality Management at William Angliss Institute in Melbourne